If you have been putting up with an inefficient heating and cooling system for awhile, Brennan’s Heating & Air Conditioning encourages you to upgrade your HVAC now to take advantage of the federal 25C tax credits. You have less than three months to claim a credit on your federal tax return for the purchase and installation of qualifying equipment. This includes qualifying heating or cooling equipment purchased anytime during 2012 or 2013.
Equipment Eligible for a Tax Credit
The current HVAC tax credits are an extension of a program that ran from 2006 to 2011. Earlier this year, President Obama extended the credits to encourage people to install HVAC equipment in their home or business that is energy efficient. You may claim a $300 tax credit for the following items:
- Water heaters that utilize an electric heat pump and have an energy factor of at least 2.0.
- Water heaters with a thermal efficiency rating of 90 percent or an energy factor of at least 0.82 that is powered by propane, natural gas or oil.
- Split system air conditioners with a minimum (SEER) of 16. This stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio.
- Packaged central air conditioning systems with a SEER of at least 14.
- Split system electric heat pumps with an 8.5 or higher HSPF, which stands for Heat Seasonal Performance Factor.
- Packaged electric heat pump with an 8.5 or higher HSPF.
A $150 credit is available for boilers and furnaces that use natural gas, propane or oil and have an efficiency rating of 95 percent or more. Lastly, a $50 credit is available for installing an advanced main circulating fan on your furnace. The cost to operate the fan can’t exceed two percent of your monthly heating bill.
Let Brennan’s Heating & Air Conditioning Install Your New HVAC System
There are many factors to consider when selecting a new HVAC system for your Alexandria, VA home or business. At our company, we have a comfort specialist help you every step of the way. He or she assists you with evaluating your heating and cooling needs, budget and available space. Once you have selected a new qualifying product, an installation technician performs load calculations to ensure that the unit is properly sized. This is essential to maximize your comfort and minimize your utility bills.
Experience the Difference of a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer
You may see the Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer logo on our website but not know what it means. We earned this distinction by demonstrating professionalism, commitment to customer satisfaction, becoming certified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and sending our technicians through the North American Technician Excellence (NATE) program. Thousands of HVAC dealers from across the country apply to the Carrier FAD program every year, but Carrier only selects what it considers to be the top five percent to represent their company.