As another hot, humid summer approaches, it’s time to start thinking about how you’ll keep your Northern Virginia home cool and comfortable. If you were a bit underwhelmed by the performance of your cooling system in past years, or are simply dreading the ever increasing cost of energy the summer months bring, it may be time to consider an A/C replacement.
9 telltale signs that A/C replacement is needed:
- Your A/C is old. If your cooling system is more than 10 years old, consider upgrading to a newer, more efficient model with the Energy Star seal of approval.
- Excessive Indoor humidity. Equipment that is improperly sized, inadequately maintained or underperforming may result in excess humidity in the summer months, leading to mold or mildew.
- Unusual noise during A/C operation. There may be an issue with your indoor coil, or your duct system may be too small for the job.
- Frequent, expensive A/C repairs. The 50-percent rule of thumb suggests that when system repairs total or near half of the value of your equipment, it’s time for an A/C replacement.
- Rising utility bills. If you’ve noticed cooling costs increase disproportionately to the rising cost of fuel, upgrade to a new high-efficiency model to get them back in line.
- Your A/C is harmful for the environment. Reduce your impact on the environment with equipment that uses the environmentally friendly refrigerant R410-A.
- Lack of A/C system reliability. You never know if your A/C is going to make it through the day because of frequent performance issues. Bring back your peace of mind with an A/C upgrade that ensures your system will run effectively when you need it most.
- Some rooms are too hot or too cold. Uneven cooling may indicate a problem with your ductwork or insulation, but may also be a sign of malfunctioning equipment.
- Comfort levels are are never reached. If your A/C isn’t cooling your home as it should, it may be too small or no longer efficient enough to keep you and your family cool.
If you’re considering an A/C replacement, contact us at Brennan’s Heating & Air, proudly serving homeowners in Northern Virginia for more than 30 years.