How to Hire an HVAC Contractor for Your Virginia Home
Your HVAC system is the heart of your home, providing heat in the winter and cool air in the summer. When it comes time to service, repair or replace any of its components, hiring an HVAC contractor can be made easier, by following the guidelines below.
With so many options for heating and cooling your home, advancements in technology, newfound knowledge regarding ventilation and changes to refrigerant requirements, hiring an HVAC contractor with experience is an asset. Your HVAC system is a complex network; a NATE certified technician, with a proven understanding of wiring, ventilation, combustion, airflow and exhaust will enhance the comfort of your home, and keep your family safe from potential issues such as CO poisoning and dirty indoor air.
Verify licensing and insurance, and ask if your contractor will be pulling the required permits before beginning work; all of this will help protect the homeowner in the event of damage, injury or poor workmanship.
Ask the Right Questions
- Can they provide a detailed, written estimate? A written estimate allows you to compare quotes between contractors, know exactly what you’re getting and secure the cost of the project.
- How much experience do they have with this particular system? Choose a contractor who has relevant experience with the type of system you have or are looking to purchase.
- Are they NATE certified? NATE (North American Technician Excellence) technicians have passed stringent testing to guarantee expertise in their chosen field.
- Do they offer a maintenance plan? Service doesn’t end after one visit; annual preventive maintenance is needed to keep your HVAC system running efficiently, reliably and safely.
- What are the terms of their warranty? Clarify, in writing, what is covered and for how long.
- Can they provide three recent, local references? Call each one with a list of prepared questions regarding satisfaction with service and whether the reference would hire the same contractor in the future.
When it comes time for hiring an HVAC contractor, give us a call at Brennan’s Heating & Air. We’ll have satisfactory answers to all of your questions, and have been proudly serving homeowners in and around Fairfax since 1979.
You May Also Like
5 Hindrances to Even Airflow in Lorton, VA
Have you ever noticed warmer or cooler spots in your home in Lorton, VA? If so, you may have some obstacles to… Continue Reading 5 Hindrances to Even Airflow in Lorton, VA…
Tips to Save Money on Home Heating This Winter
Home heating costs have skyrocketed in recent years. As a result, homeowners in Stafford, VA, have found themselves compromising comfort to save… Continue Reading Tips to Save Money on Home Heating This Winter…
Duct Cleaning and Other Ways to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
The average person in Stafford, VA, spends most of their time inside. While you can’t control how clean the air is at… Continue Reading Duct Cleaning and Other Ways to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality…