How to Prepare Your Home HVAC Systems for Spring
With spring in the air, now’s a good time to prepare your Fairfax home’s HVAC system for the warmer weather ahead. If you have yet to get started on cleaning up and prepping your unit for summertime operation, here are a few tips for proper HVAC system maintenance.
What You Can Do Right Now
- Change the air filter – Changing your air filter on a monthly basis requires little effort, but it brings your home plenty of worthwhile benefits. Not only does it help improve your HVAC system’s performance, but it also improves indoor air quality as well.
- Clean the outdoor condenser coils – Clear away any brush and debris you find around the outdoor HVAC cabinet and rinse away debris that accumulates on the condenser coils.
- Consider a modern HVAC system – If your current system is more than a decade old, a more energy-efficient model is out there. The payoff comes in the form of lower utility bills and improved comfort.
What Your Technician Can Do
While HVAC systems benefit from a bit of DIY care, you’ll need a seasoned professional to tackle HVAC system maintenance tasks the average person can’t accomplish. A trained HVAC technician will:
- Conduct a thorough inspection – An experienced eye can detect problems that you’d otherwise miss.
- Perform preventive maintenance – You can rely on your technician to perform seasonal maintenance on your HVAC unit to prevent serious problems from getting in the way of your home comfort.
- Clean the indoor evaporator coils – Your technician has the right tools to remove dust, grime and mold growth without damaging the coils.
Learn more about Brennan’s Heating & Air’s HVAC system maintenance, then contact us at 703-291-1677 to schedule your cooling system’s tune-up!
You May Also Like
Standard furnaces typically run a few heating cycles per hour. It can cause concern when you realize yours is running constantly as… Continue Reading Why Won’t My Furnace Shut Off in Stafford, VA?…
A short-cycling heat pump repeatedly turns off and on without finishing a cycle. This behavior damages its components and inflates your energy… Continue Reading Why Do Heat Pumps Short Cycle in Woodbridge, VA?…
If your heat pump has a variable-speed motor, your system will operate constantly at various capacities to save energy. But if you… Continue Reading Why Does My Heat Pump in Woodbridge, VA, Run Constantly?…