With spring in the air, now’s a good time to prepare your Fairfax home’s HVAC system for the warmer weather ahead. If you have yet to get started on cleaning up and prepping your unit for summertime operation, here are a few tips for proper HVAC system maintenance.
What You Can Do Right Now
- Change the air filter – Changing your air filter on a monthly basis requires little effort, but it brings your home plenty of worthwhile benefits. Not only does it help improve your HVAC system’s performance, but it also improves indoor air quality as well.
- Clean the outdoor condenser coils – Clear away any brush and debris you find around the outdoor HVAC cabinet and rinse away debris that accumulates on the condenser coils.
- Consider a modern HVAC system – If your current system is more than a decade old, a more energy-efficient model is out there. The payoff comes in the form of lower utility bills and improved comfort.
What Your Technician Can Do
While HVAC systems benefit from a bit of DIY care, you’ll need a seasoned professional to tackle HVAC system maintenance tasks the average person can’t accomplish. A trained HVAC technician will:
- Conduct a thorough inspection – An experienced eye can detect problems that you’d otherwise miss.
- Perform preventive maintenance – You can rely on your technician to perform seasonal maintenance on your HVAC unit to prevent serious problems from getting in the way of your home comfort.
- Clean the indoor evaporator coils – Your technician has the right tools to remove dust, grime and mold growth without damaging the coils.
Learn more about Brennan’s Heating & Air’s HVAC system maintenance, then contact us at 703-291-1677 to schedule your cooling system’s tune-up!