How to Troubleshoot Your Boiler Issues in Gainsville
Boilers aren’t terribly complex machines, however, they have a lot of parts that must work properly for the system to function. As with all mechanical devices, boilers will wear out and need replaced over time. In fact, the better you take care of minor boiler repair issues as they arise, the less likely you’ll need a full boiler replacement down the road.
Some common issues to be aware of include the following:
- Gas supply – Make sure the stopcock is allowing gas to flow freely. If it’s not, there could be a blockage or a problem with the supply itself. If you have an oil boiler, make sure there’s enough in the tank at all times.
- Incorrect central heating pressure – Most boilers are set to one bar per manufacturer’s specifications. You will want to check this (or have your HVAC contractor look at it) and ensure the boiler’s settings are what the manufacturer has recommended.
- Malfunctioning thermostat – Thermostats age and can lose accuracy. This can cause the boiler to turn on and off at the wrong times. This can not only sap your energy bill, but leave you without any heat or hot water during times when you need it.
- Loose circuits and faulty electronics – If you have an LCD display, the circuit board and relays can come loose and fail over time. While it’s relatively simple to disconnect and attach a new one, it’s still a task you want to have an HVAC professional handle.
- Frozen condensate pipes – Extremely cold weather can cause the moisture within the pipe to freeze and create a blockage that will shut the boiler down. If you’re getting error messages and the boiler is shutting down at odd times, defrost the pipe and see if that solves the issue. If not, boiler repair is likely required.
For more information about boiler repair and other home comfort services, contact Brennan’s Heating & Air Conditioning. For the past 30 years, we’ve proudly served clients in the Gainsville area.
You May Also Like
The average person in Stafford, VA, spends most of their time inside. While you can’t control how clean the air is at… Continue Reading Duct Cleaning and Other Ways to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality…
Using a heat pump effectively is entirely different than using a furnace. Consider these five mistakes people around Woodbridge, VA, make when… Continue Reading Don’t Make These 5 Heat Pump Mistakes in Woodbridge, VA…
No homeowner wants their furnace to develop problems during the coldest period of the year. One of the most common furnace issues… Continue Reading Why is My Furnace Making My Home in Oakton, VA, Colder?…