How to Troubleshoot Your Boiler Issues in Gainsville
Boilers aren’t terribly complex machines, however, they have a lot of parts that must work properly for the system to function. As with all mechanical devices, boilers will wear out and need replaced over time. In fact, the better you take care of minor boiler repair issues as they arise, the less likely you’ll need a full boiler replacement down the road.
Some common issues to be aware of include the following:
- Gas supply – Make sure the stopcock is allowing gas to flow freely. If it’s not, there could be a blockage or a problem with the supply itself. If you have an oil boiler, make sure there’s enough in the tank at all times.
- Incorrect central heating pressure – Most boilers are set to one bar per manufacturer’s specifications. You will want to check this (or have your HVAC contractor look at it) and ensure the boiler’s settings are what the manufacturer has recommended.
- Malfunctioning thermostat – Thermostats age and can lose accuracy. This can cause the boiler to turn on and off at the wrong times. This can not only sap your energy bill, but leave you without any heat or hot water during times when you need it.
- Loose circuits and faulty electronics – If you have an LCD display, the circuit board and relays can come loose and fail over time. While it’s relatively simple to disconnect and attach a new one, it’s still a task you want to have an HVAC professional handle.
- Frozen condensate pipes – Extremely cold weather can cause the moisture within the pipe to freeze and create a blockage that will shut the boiler down. If you’re getting error messages and the boiler is shutting down at odd times, defrost the pipe and see if that solves the issue. If not, boiler repair is likely required.
For more information about boiler repair and other home comfort services, contact Brennan’s Heating & Air Conditioning. For the past 30 years, we’ve proudly served clients in the Gainsville area.
You May Also Like
Should You Repair or Replace Your Heat Pump?
When a heat pump breaks down, it may be difficult to tell whether to repair it or get a new one. Luckily,… Continue Reading Should You Repair or Replace Your Heat Pump?…
How to Make Your Heat Pump Last Longer
Your Reston, VA, home relies on its heat pump for temperature control indoors. Keep it running as long as you can with… Continue Reading How to Make Your Heat Pump Last Longer…
5 Hindrances to Even Airflow in Lorton, VA
Have you ever noticed warmer or cooler spots in your home in Lorton, VA? If so, you may have some obstacles to… Continue Reading 5 Hindrances to Even Airflow in Lorton, VA…