The Ins and Outs of a Home Energy Audit
If your home in Arlington, Virginia, is too cold in the winter or too warm in the summer, it may be time for a home energy audit. Find out how a home energy audit can help you find where your home is losing energy and where you might require repairs.
How a Home Energy Audit Works
During a home energy audit, we’ll meet with you to learn about your usage patterns and consumption concerns. We’ll:
- Inspect your home’s HVAC system and test its equipment
- Examine your home’s air conditioner, heat pump, furnace, ductwork and the quality of its insulation
- Conduct a carbon monoxide test to make sure no unsafe levels are present
What Happens After a Home Energy Audit
After the energy audit, you’ll receive a report that includes recommendations on how to improve your home’s overall energy efficiency.
For example, if we find that your HVAC system is in good operating condition, we may recommend that you schedule regular preventive maintenance checks to keep it running correctly. But if we find that you have an older or inefficient HVAC system, we may suggest replacing it. If your home’s ductwork is leaking air, we’ll explain how duct sealing can correct the problem.
We’ll also offer techniques you can use to combat energy loss in the home, such as the following:
- Apply weather-stripping to outside or basement doors to prevent warm air from escaping
- Install energy-efficient light bulbs
- Caulk around windowsills to curb the entry of cold or hot air
- Fill spaces around pipes and wiring in the attic with minimal-expanding weatherizing foam
- Replace deteriorating insulation
The professionals at Brennan’s Heating & Air Conditioning are your home energy experts. Call us today at 703-783-0145 to schedule a home HVAC system inspection and learn ways you can improve your home’s energy efficiency. We’re here to help you save as much as possible!
Image provided by Shutterstock
You May Also Like
Effective ductwork is important in any home in Reston, VA. Ducts that aren’t properly maintained can lead to several problems, including decreased… Continue Reading 5 Signs You Have Dirty Ductwork in Reston, VA…
You may agree your air conditioning system is one of your most vital appliances, especially during the summer. You could be unknowingly… Continue Reading 3 Costly Air Conditioning Mistakes You Should Avoid…
When you’re shopping for a new HVAC system for your Fairfax, VA, home, you might hear people talking about loads. If you’re… Continue Reading HVAC Loads and Their Importance for Installations…