Nursing An Old Boiler? It May Be Time to Upgrade
Now that winter has arrived, you are depending on your old boiler to keep your family warm until spring comes around again. We have all been there. With heating costs going through the roof, it may be time to investigate your options for a new boiler. You will save on your monthly utility bills with a newer, more efficient boiler and your home will become more evenly heated. Even if you are not ready to pull the plug and purchase today, take a look at your system and do a quick boiler audit so you will be ready to ask the right questions when the time comes.
Signs You Need to Upgrade
- Your boiler is older than 15 years. Boilers sold 15 years ago are usually less than 80 percent efficient. With regular use, the efficiency of an older boiler could be below 70 percent. An upgraded boiler will give you energy efficiency.
- You know that you’re going to have to pay for boiler repairs at least twice this winter. As boilers age, they begin to fade due to normal wear and tear. That means you’ll be calling for an emergency repair more often than in years prior. An upgraded boiler will cut down on repair costs.
- You’re paying significantly more now than in years past for fuel to heat your home. The rise in costs could be from rising energy prices. However, it could also be due to using an aging, inefficient boiler that burns too much fuel. An upgraded boiler can bring down heating costs.
- The boiler can’t keep up with the heating needs of your home. You may have one or more rooms in your house that never seem to get warm in the winter. The older boiler may not be able to output enough heated water to keep remote rooms warm. An upgraded boiler can make your home more comfortable.
- You want to sell your home in the next couple of years. Homebuyers assess every property for potential costs they would incur if they bought it. If they see an aging boiler, they know they will need to replace it in the next few years, so they’ll likely offer you a lower price for the property. An upgraded boiler can increase your property value.
If you want to talk about a boiler upgrade for your Fairfax, Virginia, home, contact us at Brennan’s Heating & Air.
You May Also Like
The average person in Stafford, VA, spends most of their time inside. While you can’t control how clean the air is at… Continue Reading Duct Cleaning and Other Ways to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality…
Using a heat pump effectively is entirely different than using a furnace. Consider these five mistakes people around Woodbridge, VA, make when… Continue Reading Don’t Make These 5 Heat Pump Mistakes in Woodbridge, VA…
No homeowner wants their furnace to develop problems during the coldest period of the year. One of the most common furnace issues… Continue Reading Why is My Furnace Making My Home in Oakton, VA, Colder?…