What You Need to Know About Heating and Cooling a New Home Addition
Adding a new addition to your Woodbridge, Virginia, home can be an exciting yet stressful time. While there’s a lot of thought that goes into building a new home addition, one of the most important aspects to consider is how you’ll heat and cool it. Read on to learn more.
Things to Consider When Choosing an HVAC System
Before you decide which type of HVAC system will create the most comfortable temperature for your new home addition, there are a few things that you’ll want to consider. Issues you’ll need to think about include:
- The time and effort it would take to extend your current ductwork.
- Whether existing ducts and vents will interfere with the installation of the HVAC system.
- If your home could benefit from a more efficient HVAC option.
Which HVAC System Will Work Best
There are a few options you can choose from when finding a system to heat and cool your new home addition. Some of your options include:
- A traditional system: You can use your current system by extending ductwork into the new home addition. Depending on the amount of square footage you’re adding, you may need to get a larger system.
- A heat pump: A heat pump works by transferring the heat out of your home in the summer and into your home in the winter. Heat pumps can be an extremely efficient way of heating and cooling a small space, especially in more temperate climates.
- A ductless system: If it’s not cost-effective to extend your ductwork, or you want to control the temperature in your new home addition separately, consider a ductless system. These systems use an outdoor unit connected to indoor units, which can easily work into any decor.
Make sure the heating and cooling in your new home addition works best for you. As a result, you’ll feel comfortable and save money. Contact Brennan’s Heating & Air Conditioning at 703-783-0145. One of our HVAC professionals will help you find the best system for your addition.
Image provided by Shutterstock
You May Also Like
It’s stressful when you expect your air conditioner in Woodbridge, VA, to blow cool air, but it’s only producing warmth. Consider these… Continue Reading Why is My AC System Blowing Hot Instead of Cool Air?…
Effective ductwork is important in any home in Reston, VA. Ducts that aren’t properly maintained can lead to several problems, including decreased… Continue Reading 5 Signs You Have Dirty Ductwork in Reston, VA…
You may agree your air conditioning system is one of your most vital appliances, especially during the summer. You could be unknowingly… Continue Reading 3 Costly Air Conditioning Mistakes You Should Avoid…